All SCB sport participants are welcome to come join us for the 2016 Spring CYC Track Season. The cost is $15. Register online at our sports sign-up page no later than February 7, 2016, as we will be unable to consider late registrations. If you are interested or have questions, please contact Chris Williams, the Track Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or (636)-940-2536.
For those unfamiliar with CYC Track, the season consists of weekly practices in preparation for SCB's preliminary meet at St. Dominic High School on May 7. The top six participants in each preliminary meet event within each age division and gender then qualify for the championship meet held at St. Dominic High School on May 22. To minimize conflicts with other sports, practices will be held on Sunday afternoon—weather permitting—at the Duchesne High School track, starting the Sunday after Easter.
Participants in grades 3-8 that attend SCB are encouraged to wear their P.E. (gym) uniform to the preliminary meet. We offer two options for other participants:
- Purchase the gym uniform through the Parish School's Land's End website
- Wear navy shorts and a gray t-shirt
General rules for CYC track
- Each child may participate in a maximum of three events (including relays).
- All children must participate in a single age division (6 & under, 7-8, 9-10, 11-12, 13-14). A child’s age division for this season is determined by his/her age as of June 30, 2015.
- Each parish is allowed a maximum of four children per event and gender within the 9-10, 11-12, and 13-14 age group divisions. The maximum increases to 5 children in the 7-8 age division and 6 in the 6 & under age division.
- Sprint events generally include the 100 meter, 200 meter, and 400 meter dashes, while the distance events generally include the 800 meter and 1600 meter runs. (The 6 & under age division also includes the 50 meter dash.)
- The top six participants in each preliminary meet event within each age division and gender qualify for the championship meet.
- The CYC will require the parish to provide one adult volunteer for each 10 participants at each CYC-sponsored meet.
- No CYC card is required to participate.
All children registered or residing in the parish are welcome to participate for the 2016 season.